"Sharing is caring" we say at work all of the time. This is also the main principle of connectivism and Personal Learning Networks (PLN). People with similar interests or from like occupations can share, learn and teach others using PLNs. This makes the benefits of joining a PLN endless.
If I were to participate a PLN I would probably look for one about bicycling. I know there are many PLNs about education and that would be the most appropriate answer to which PLN topic I would follow if I were to pick one but I love bikes! I would love to know more about bike maintenance and parts. I would like to be able to talk knowledgeably about all types of bikes. Brands, components, quick repairs and enough to give others recommendations.
Some of the best places to locate people with similar interests as me would be on Facebook, twitter and tracking other blogs (including bike shop and company's blogs). Even outdoor stores like REI have good resources and venues for virtual learning and exchange.
The validity of PLNs is still under some debate. It is similar to other questionably cited virtual tools like wikis where not all information can be proofed by a certifiable expert. I am willing to wager a bet that someone who loves a topic enough to share their knowledge about it probably has a pretty good background on the subject. That's just my optimistic spin on things.
If I were to participate a PLN I would probably look for one about bicycling. I know there are many PLNs about education and that would be the most appropriate answer to which PLN topic I would follow if I were to pick one but I love bikes! I would love to know more about bike maintenance and parts. I would like to be able to talk knowledgeably about all types of bikes. Brands, components, quick repairs and enough to give others recommendations.
Some of the best places to locate people with similar interests as me would be on Facebook, twitter and tracking other blogs (including bike shop and company's blogs). Even outdoor stores like REI have good resources and venues for virtual learning and exchange.
The validity of PLNs is still under some debate. It is similar to other questionably cited virtual tools like wikis where not all information can be proofed by a certifiable expert. I am willing to wager a bet that someone who loves a topic enough to share their knowledge about it probably has a pretty good background on the subject. That's just my optimistic spin on things.
No comments:
Post a Comment